Mr. RV Service Centre Ltd. is the Daily Dealer today. Looking good!
Having to replace an original holding tank can seem like a huge task, but for the ‘Do it yourself’ minded – it can often be a lot simpler than first thought. Here’s how it goes:
- You’ll want to measure out your original tank (and any extra area that would allow you to upgrade to a larger tank) to allow you to find an appropriate replacement. Planning out and ‘mapping’ your plumbing is also part of this initial step. Make note of drain location on the original tank and any extra fittings/components that you may require to hook up the new tank.
- Find a replacement. Comparing by dimensions, you’ll want to locate one that will fit in the area measured in step 1. You’ll also want to consider how you will be mounting the tank. Replacements have a 1.25″ flange for mounting with brackets or screws, so ensure you’ll have room for whichever method.
- Remove your old tank if you haven’t already. Typically it involves removal of some screws and/or sliding the tank out of “L” type brackets. You may need to cut out some plumbing fittings and pull out some of the pipes to help configure the new tank.
- Figure out where to install the intakes on the new tank by putting it into place temporarily and marking where the inputs should be cut. Precision is important here – measure/mark twice, cut once!
- Pull the holding tank back out and use a cup saw to drill the input holes. There is usually one input (2″ fitting or 3″ fitting) and a vent (1.5″ fitting) in most configurations. Install the fitting using an ABS Glue and allow time to cure.
- While the tank is curing prepare all input plumbing to be installed in the tank (appropriate fittings, make sure they are cleaned and make certain you have glue ready).
- Place the tank back in & secure. Ensure the tank is lined up with all inputs. Use straps or banding to provide additional support to the belly of the tank.
- Connect all inputs with the appropriate fittings & glue. You’re done!
Our Daily RV Dealer for the day is D.R. Auto Extras of Yorkton Saskatchewan.
They sent us a photo of their parts & accessories store:
Very nice! Keep an eye out nationwide (US & Canada) for our parts at more RV Dealerships & parts stores.
You may have seen our promotional signs that are available for sale to resellers of ICON products. We are now going to feature them in action, at local RV dealerships where you can purchase our replacements and accessories.
First up, Buds Trailer Center of Burton, Michigan.
They do great work, servicing ICON replacements such as Fender Skirts, Skylights and AC Shrouds.
Last year, we were asked to participate in a restoration project, “Project Terry”. The idea was – Take a vintage RV & modernize it with new components and features while still keeping that “Vintage”/”Classic” feel.
The project was put on by RV Magazine and got a number of components donated. Seeing as we have loads of RV Fender Skirts, with styles dating back to the ’70s, we donated a set of FS1790 Fender Skirts. You can read about the rest of the restoration work on the RV Magazine Website.
Back in December, we were able to take a peek at the whole unit at the RVIA National RV Show. The unit was slated to be Auctioned off & it sure looked spiffy! It also nabbed their Front Cover:
If you have any questions on our fender skirts, or are in need of parts for an RV restoration, let us know!
Customers often tell us that they have replaced their old, busted rv fender skirt for our replacements & were pleasantly surprised by just how much of a difference that can make visually. Further to being told, we often get photos of damaged skirts and RV’s from customers.
As you can see, a tire blow, thrown rock or collision can leave the fender looking pretty tattered and in pieces. We also get photos of brand new ICON Fender Skirts on installed on some RV units as well. It can make a HUGE improvement!
If your RV is looking similar to the ones in the ‘before’ photos, find your replacement here: http://www.icondirect.com/lookup-our-skirts/
Over the past few years, we have been active in several RV related trade shows & events. Now – We have a flashy new way of taking our product to these types of events!
Keep an eye out – You may see us on the road!
Our huge selection of rv fender skirts are broken down and categorized in a few ways.
Firstly – Style. The style of a skirt is determined by how many axles it ‘covers’. Single axles are more common for Class A, B & C Motorhomes. Tandem & Triple axles are typical of the larger Fifth Wheels, Travel Trailers or Toy Haulers. This is fairly easy to determine just by looking at your unit.
Next, & since we strive to get exact fits for units, our fender skirts are categorized and sorted by original RV Manufacturer or Brand Name. That is to say – if you are looking for a replacement for your Keystone RV – your fender will be sorted as a Keystone part. Makes sense, right?! From there – all part designs are given a unique model number, starting with “FS”.
Each “FS” model may have a few color options – white, grey, taupe… BLUE! There are some crazy colors that original manufacturers use to make their units unique and appealing. Our fender skirts are matched to originals by color as well! Metallic colors are also available, like Metallic Grey. Each “FS” model, with a color will also have a 5 digit part number – for use with making a final selection. This number is the end all. Use it to order your rv fender skirts at an RV Dealer or on our website.
RV Fender Skirts – Easy as 1-2-3
Our HUGE selection of fender skirts just got easier to navigate, with the launch of www.Lookup-Our-Skirts.com. You go through 3 steps based on the ideas explained above. Pick your style. Pick your make. Pick your fender. It’s as easy as 1-2-3. Check it out.
We have plenty of help to offer if you ever have difficulty matching up your RV fender skirts. Online chat is active 8am-4:30pm Mon-Fri. So is our toll free line, 1-888-362-4266.
Yesterday we launched an easy to use tool, Lookup-Our-Skirts.com – What we didn’t mention, is that it is extremely easy to use, even on your mobile device!
Find your part as you are looking at your RV outside – Makes comparing all that much easier. Check out the tool at www.Lookup-Our-Skirts.com.
We’ve been working away making our aftermarket RV Fender Skirt selection the largest in the industry, and now – Finding the right rv parts online is even easier. Launching today, our new web application www.Lookup-Our-Skirts.com allows you to narrow our HUGE selection of RV fender skirts in 3 easy steps.
Step 1 – Select your Fender Style
Tandem axles, Triple axles & Singles. We have them all! Narrowing the selection by style is the first step to finding your perfect fit.
If you are unsure how to classify, here is a breakdown. 1 tire on each side is a single axle. 2 tires on each side is a tandem. 3 tires on each side is a triple axle.
Step 2 – Select your RV Make or Manufacturer
A manufacturer or brand will allow us to narrow our selection even further. Top RV Manufacturers like Fleetwood, Keystone, Jayco are all represented. Some popular brands are also listed (Prowler, Cougar, Eagle). Usually the brand is located on the side of the unit or on the info panel.
Step 3 – Compare RV Parts Results
Results will be shown with large photos & diagrams for easy comparison. The list will be narrowed down to a few parts through steps 1 & 2. This allows you to compare easily, side by side.
Then it is as simple as taking your chosen replacements model number to order through your preferred RV Parts dealer. Finding a ‘Perfect Fitting Skirt’ has never been so easy!
ICON continues to dedicate itself to making typically hard to find RV parts ever easier to acquire. Tools and improvements to it’s existing websites and retail networks are always happening!
Leave a comment and let us know what you think of this type of tool. We value feedback on these tools so that we can continue to improve!